More than 47,000 drug overdose deaths were estimated in 2014. 47,000 isn’t just a number or statistic. Everyone who contributed to that number was a person with a life of value and who had something to offer the world no matter how big or small. On July 3rd, 2014 Logan Apking died, becoming one of... Read More
More than 47,000 drug overdose deaths were estimated in 2014. 47,000 isn’t just a number or statistic. Everyone who contributed to that number was a person with a life of value and who had something to offer the world no matter how big or small. On July 3rd, 2014 Logan Apking died, becoming one of the 47,000 lives, from an overdose involving heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl Logan was the kind of guy that stood out to people, just ask his old high school classmates who had loved him so much they voted him most memorable. His outgoing personality led to him being announced as prom king his senior year. One of Logan’s biggest passions was music, he played guitar, wrote music, and sang (quite well at that). Logan’s life could have gone so many ways had circumstances been different, perhaps in another world he would have ended up auditioning for a talent competition and landed a record deal launching a successful career or perhaps he would’ve ended up struggling with addiction eventually working his way through, finding a good job, starting a family. In the end, we’ll only know how things went as opposed to how they could have gone. Reality started this way – after a football injury Logan was given Vicodin to ease his pain, soon thereafter he began taking them recreationally with friends before and after school. His prescription addiction worsened and eventually, Logan turned to heroin and cocaine. His family did everything they could to stop the train from derailing as they had seen happen too many times to others in their community which was plagued by the opioid crisis. Still, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, Logan purchased what he thought to be heroin. Logan’s heroin was laced with fentanyl. Fentanyl, an opioid which is used as a pain medication that has a very high dependence liability is 30-50 times more potent than heroin and 50-100 times more potent than morphine. The following morning he was discovered dead after overdosing from the deadly mixture.
We want to stop this trend, and help as many struggling with substance abuse as possible. Being filmmakers the way we can help directly is to tell other's stories who have experienced the destructive power of opioids, and have lived to talk about it. Some of our family members
Stomp Addiction Online: http://www.stompaddiction.com/
No update found.
Social media pages
Logan was Chriss cousin and best friend. While living together Chris found Logan unresponsive, and his life was changed at that moment. Dedicating his life to help others who are struggling with addiction, and being a living example that you can Stomp Addiction
Copyright © 2019 YouHelp, Inc. All rights reserved. Campaigns published on YouHelp.com website and social media channels should not be viewed as an endorsement of the views or a verification of the policies of the campaign. Campaigns with a "verified" status badge have been verified by the payment processor.